NC 28 Rocketchat App Error Call to undefined method OC\Server::getEventDispatcher()

I have seen quite a few posts here with this error but none regarding the Rocketchat app.

Can anyone tell me what this error means?

Is it a critical error and should I disable the app? If so, any ETA on an updated Rocketchat app?

Or is it, in essence, only complaining that the maintainer of the app hasn’t cleared it for NC 28 yet and can I just ignore it until an update is provided?

Thanks!

So, is Rocketchat support in Nextcloud dead? Or am I the only one seeing this?

Is there really no one else using the Rocketchat app?

I guess in that case one can’t blame NC for letting it die…

If you mean this app it doesn’t look like it has been updated in several years and the last Nextcloud version it was compatible with was v23. That may be why no one replied - no one has been using it probably for a long time.

Their GitHub repository looks quiet (other than people asking similar questions).

Can anyone tell me what this error means? Is it a critical error and should I disable the app?

It’s calling a no longer in existence API in Nextcloud. It likely won’t function at all, at best. It’s probable it’ll create other problems with your Nextcloud server by even just being enabled (which would have be forced anyhow).

I guess in that case one can’t blame NC for letting it die…

Not sure what you mean - it’s a third party app. It isn’t maintained within the NC project.

I thought it was developed by a third party on behalf of Nextcloud and Rocketchat - as a cooperation. Maybe I got that wrong.

Might be something worth checking in with the Rocket.Chat folks directly about since they appear to officially document that integration in their manual[1] still, but the integration app itself definitely appears dormant.

[1] Nextcloud Rocket.Chat App - Rocket.Chat Docs