NC 22.2.1 performance warning!

I too received the notification there is an update. I also received an e-mail from Nextcloud Community saying 22.2.1 have serious performance issues.

I went to see if I could run the update but itā€™s saying I am on the current version (22.2.0) so probably got pulled which is fine.

I also can create a full ZFS snapshot before upgrading since the data folder resides on my TrueNAS server. Can also create full backup as itā€™s running inside of a container in ProxMox.

You can apply the patch manually. You just have to add two lines to a file:

(the second file is just a test procedure)

3 Likes

Same here. It must be trickling in slowly for others.

1 Like

New version seem to be online:

NC22

Now doing the update and see if performance is back good again.

*alls - to late.
On my RPI 4 it is even harderā€¦
I will go haven rollbackā€¦

@Mailandt OK, after installing the official 22.2.2 patch performance is close to before so you should give it a try.

Thx, I did the 22.2.2 and it looks like it works fine.
Mutch better.

Cheers

Just added the two lines, and the diffrence is noticable instantly. Thx for pointing it out again. :slight_smile:

@curtis10
In this specific case you do not need a full backup. If you want to be on the safe side, make a copy of the file before you change anything, then you can easy go back to the original file if you mess something up :slight_smile:

But yes having the option to simply roll back if something goes wrong is of course very pleasant. I have Nextcloud installed in a VM and usually take a snapshot of the VM before I do any changes to the system or to Nextcloud itself. But ā€œusuallyā€ was not this timeā€¦ ā€œItā€™s only a minor upgrade, what could possibly go wrong?ā€ :wink:

Official version 22.2.2 is out and it is confirmed to solve the issue.

10 Likes

That was fast! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was one of the fastest patches I guess which was ever delivered! Good Job!

3 Likes

Finally got an update and Iā€™m not noticing anything slower than the previous version even behind the Nginx proxy.

My backup strategy is simple and working now. Since my Raspberry Pi runs on an 128GB SD card I cloned it to an identical SD card. I tested the clone by booting from it.

In the future Iā€™ll backup the SD card before applying updates. The only downside is the downtime ā€¦ it takes about an hour for my macOS machine to write and verify the card.

And ā€¦ Iā€™ve installed and Iā€™m currently running the latest update 22.2.2!

1 Like

Before my thread auto-closes Iā€™d like to thank the Nextcloud team for the excellent reaction and lightning fast fixed version! :blush:

4 Likes

Ahm, unless itā€™s not a pure play-around or test installation this is essential for every application/VM. A RAID is no backup :wink:

Hi. Thanks for the info. My nextcloud:fpm is running over docker-compose with mariadb and nginx as web server. Substructure is a Debian Buster. PHP version is also 7.4.25. nextcloud version is 22.2.0. In the console it shows that it is the current version when updating, although in the web interface 22.2.2 is declared as the new version. The following command I used:

docker-compose exec --user www-data app php occ update

Error 404 appears in the web updater. I have updated the docker images before. This error usually only appears when docker needs to be updated before a nextcloud update. I guess I will have to be patient here for a few more days.

nextcloud:latest, installed as a seperate Docker, with an external database access, could be updated to 22.2.2. However, there are no problems with this.

The version 22.2.1 was never shown to me. But this is also normal when using Docker. Here they like to skip a version or 2 if there are problems with them.

Thanks again for the information. I find it good that here is informed about it.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

This topic was automatically closed after 13 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.