NC 21 Guest Accounts with 2FA cannot login

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 21
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx/1.14.2
PHP version (eg, 7.4): v7.4.15

I am able to get past the initial login page fine. I’m then redirected to https://my.ncdomain.com/login/challenge/totp

And it’s just a blank white page. Nothing there. I tried this on firefox. I tried again on Edge and this time same, except it says the page isn’t working right now.

I can login fine with normal accounts. This issue only happens with guest accounts. I double checked admin settings and my guest accounts have access to twofactor_totp app.

Also, same problem when creating new guest accounts. The create new password page displays. Add password. Ok. Then when try to login with new guest account. Same thing happens as with existing guest accounts, redirected to https://my.ncdomain.com/login/challenge/totp and it’s just blank white page.

This is a serious issue as now none of my guest accounts can log in and no new guest accounts can be created.

Note, substituting my.ncdomain.com for my real domain

@flotillaropes, my advice for you: don’t update to new major releases before at least the first point release is out. But I guess it is too late for this advice in this case.

Have you alreadysuccessfully linked a TOTP app to the guest account or are you trying to login to this account using the TOTP authentication for the first time?

Not first time. Account created under NC 20 with TOTP. Logged in many times successfully with NC 20. To test further, I tried creating a new guest account with NC 21. Same issue logging in for first time.

Also noticed another login issue today. I created a new regular user, not guest account. No 2FA, just password. First time login continues to fail. The workaround was to click reset password, get the email and change the password. Then could login.

If you get an error 500 (internal server error), shouldn’t there be something in the logs? Like this, I’d guess some app that isn’t working properly with NC 21 yet.