NC 21.0.2, Talk 11.2.1: TURN Server Test Failure

Some time ago I installed coturn as a TURN server and configured it in NC Talk. Self test was successful in NC 20.0.x with the NC Talk version installed back then.

Now, after upgrading to NC 21.0.2 and Talk 11.2.1, the self test fails:

Nothing is logged on the TURN server side during this test, but the URL, port and secret seem to be correct - if I change a digit in the secret, I get the expected errors about an user credentials in the coturn log.

The NextCloud log also seems to be silent about what exactly does not work… :thinking:

i got this aa Well. udp only is working

Doesn’t for me.

Looks like this issue over on Github: TURN "Test this server" always results in "Error: No working ICE candidates returned by the TURN server" · Issue #5563 · nextcloud/spreed · GitHub

1 Like

My 21.0.1 docker installation works fine… once i saw this error first time i checked and recognized config issue… Once fixed it works like a charm- test and connection from outside is successful.

There’s no guarantee that there’s no config error in my Coturn setup, however I could not find any, and the information return by the NC Talk check feature simply gives no hint at all on what may be wrong…

Also, the previous versions said that everything has been fine, and I have not meddled with the Coturn installation or the NC Talk settings since then…

So even if the message is actually correct, a bit more information about what exactly didn’t work would definitely be helpful…

It might be this issue, though: TURN "Test this server" always results in "Error: No working ICE candidates returned by the TURN server" · Issue #5563 · nextcloud/spreed · GitHub

Yes, probably - I also already marked @Chartman123’s answer above as the solution and subscribed to this bug.