NC 16.0.3 -> NGinx 1.17 + PHP 7.3(7) - after reboot systemctl restart php7.3-fpm fails

NC 16.0.3 -> NGinx 1.17 + PHP 7.3(7) - after reboot systemctl restart php7.3-fpm fails …

System = ubuntu server 18.04.2 x64

Terminal responded “php7.3-fpm.sock” allready in use by another instance??

I checked /run/php and /var/run/php
OK there is a pid -> php7.3-fpm.sock

Deleting this from /run/php and repeating systemctl restart php7.3-fpm starts the php very well.
Using systemctl status php7.3-fpm says “active / running” (green)

After reboot the server -> same procedure. What might go on here?
Have to mention, that NC is running without any handling by admin after rebooting the server. Only systemctl status php7.3-fpm and restarts fail until i manually delete the *.sock file after reboot?!

Thanks for your ideas !!

Followed this instruction : https://www.c-rieger.de/simplified-nextcloud-installation-guide-ubuntu/

saw this line in nginx.conf:

upstream php-handler {
server unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock;
}

when switching this line to:

upstream php-handler {
server unix:/var/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock;
}

But shouldn’t it equal to symbolic link ->run under /var/run/… ??

I think you’re mixing-up two things, a .sock file is definitely not a pid file. It represents the socket which can be used to communicate with the fpm process/service. A pid file usually contains the number of a running process/service and uses the file extension .pid.

right!

But the *.pid file is in same dir as *.sock file, that i was thinking about … sorry for misleading.

I think it doesn’t matter that both files are in the same directory, as long as they can be created/read by the process.