MySQL errors on fatcow hosted site

Hi everyone!

I’m attempting to set up a nextcolud server on my website that’s hosted by fatcow. I created a subdirectory called nextcloud and then I ran the setup-nextcloud.php script. Everything installed fine and I was presented with the nextcloud configuration web page. I added the info for the admin account and then I choose MySQL/MariaDB with the following info:

zog

nextcloud
localhost

I received this output:

Error

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

I did some Googling of the error and I found a suggestion to change “localhost” to “127.0.0.0” so I decided to try that:

zog

nextcloud

However, that gave me this error:

Error

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Network is unreachable

I manually created a MySQL database called nextcloud, with the same admin user and password that I used on the configuration webpage but it didn’t work.

I think that the problem is that MySQL is looking for the database in the wrong place. I went through the config.sample.php file, but the MySQL section didn’t have any information on how to redirect the database.

According to fatcow, the path to my MySQL directory is ****egcom.fatcowmysql.com I tried entering that on the setup webpage but I got the following error

Error

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user ‘zog’@‘10.%’ to database ‘nextcloud’

When I tried adding a port, (3306), as suggested on the bottom of the page, I got the same:

Error

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user ‘zog’@‘10.%’ to database ‘nextcloud’

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

zog