My Autofill on android is not working

Hi all,

I just started using NC passwords on my android phone. I moved away from lockwise and deinstalled that app. I installed Passwords in my Nextcloud server and I imported all passwords from firefox/lockwise into the Nexcloud app. As far as I can tell it looks good.

However, I can’t seem to get autofill working on my phone. It is enabled and NC passwords is the default app. I don’t know what it should look like though. In firefox and chrome I still get autofill popups but they are empty and I suspect they are from their respective internal autofill functionallity. But maybe this is the NC passwords app and my import was incorrect.

I’m also not sure what should happen if I create a new login on a new site. Should the passwords get stored if I fill them in the app for the first time?

Can someone give me a pointer on
a) what I might be doing wrong
b) what it is supposed look like if it works
c) What is a good first-time testcase to see if NC passwords is working correctly

Regards,

Bert

1 Like

Hello all,

After a month or so I finally found out what is the problem. So for completeness I update my question with the answer myself. Maybe it will help someone out there.

I discovered this when I switched back to lockwise and found that I had a similar problem there.
The issue is with Xiaomi phones:
Enabling “Display pop-up windows windows while running in the background” in “Other permissions” section solved problem for me. (both for Lockwise as for the Nextcloud Passwords app.

For reference: Unlock button showing but non functional in MIUI 11.0.2 · Issue #1117 · mozilla-lockwise/lockwise-android · GitHub

Regards,

Bert

1 Like

Hi

I have the same problem, but with a lineage OS. I can’t find a similar funtion there.

Most times I can see the correct data, but then it disapers. If I repeat that 5 or 6 times then it may works to but not always.

Stange is, in Firefox Nightly (117) it works without any problems, but not with the normal Firefox.

Other Autofill service like Keepass do work as well with normal Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 Like