My admin account deleted several shared files

Nextcloud version : 14.0.3
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 16.04
Apache or nginx version : Apache/2.4.18
PHP version : PHP 7.0.32-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS )

The issue you are facing:

Hello, suddenly discovered that NC deleted several files and folders couple weeks ago in behalf of my account ((.
Of course I did not do it, and I doubt if admin password was compromised.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

Is there anybody who faced same problem?

Thanks.

No… did you checked your syslog? Any filesystem failure?

There is nothing special in syslog.

Found this in Logging:
OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: No read permissions

1. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Tree.php - line 195:OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory->getChildren()
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 899:Sabre\DAV\Tree->getChildren(“files/elvir … o”)
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 978:Sabre\DAV\Server->generatePathNodes(Sabre\DAV\PropFind {}, [ Sabre\DAV\ … }])
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1666:Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesIteratorForPath(“files/elvir … o”, [ "{DAV:}res … "], 1)
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 359:Sabre\DAV\Server->generateMultiStatus(Generator {}, false)
  6. Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPropFind(Sabre\HTTP\R … "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
  7. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105:call_user_func_array([ Sabre\DAV\ … "], [ Sabre\HTTP … }])
  8. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 479:Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit(“method:PROPFIND”, [ Sabre\HTTP … }])
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254:Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Sabre\HTTP\R … "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
  10. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 293:Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
  11. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
  12. /var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 163:require_once("/var/www/ne … p")

Hello again,
situation repeated again. And I had to restore folders from trashbin.

Nobody faced the same problem untill now? ((

I incline not to use NextCloud anymore.

hey @tom55

it seems as if noone was able to help you here… apparently it would need some more infos from your side (as the tag “missing information” indicates.)

and as long as you resist to answer questions that could be of help i doubt that you’ll get happy in the long term.

so all i can tell you right now is:

that might happen again and again. it seems to be a problem with your instance. maybe easy to solve maybe not. we don’t know.
awww… and seemingly you’re still running nc14 - you really shouldn’t do that since it’s outdated. it’s not secure anymore.

that’ll be fine for everyone here. promised.

cheers
jimmy

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.