Move NC data folder to an external ZFS dataset

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): Nextcloud AIO v1.5.0 | Nextcloud Hub II (23.0.6)
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.53
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0.20

The issue you are facing:

I setup a new Nextcloud Instance using the AIO version that runs with Docker.
Running on a virtual machine in ProxMox.
The proxmox server has an encrypted ZFS dataset i would like to use as the main storage for nextcloud.

My ProxMox server runs a VM with Ubuntu 20.04 and Nextcloud AIO. The virtual disk is under the main rpool dataset in proxmox, and i have another ZFS pool available where i need to store the big bulk of data for NC.

I was able to setup external storage with the SFTP option, so it connects to the dataset i need for storage. So i have a subfolder in the nextcloud root directory, where i needed to move all the data.

I would like to use the root folder in nextcloud, instead of having to navigate to a subfolder to do anything.

I played with Docker a bit long time ago and barely remember the commands, or how to browse to the right container that holds the data, but in this case i guess i need to get into the main nextcloud installation container and then change the path for the main data folder…

I can attach the ZFS dataset as a second HDD to the ubuntu server running nextcloud via the ProxMox interface. I just need to know where to change the path in nextcloud.

Thanks guys

likely you will find the answer in the corresponding How-to: