Move my nextcloud to another server

Hi,
I’m not clever with all this serves stuff, so I installed Nextcloud ISO from Turnkey linux.

There are serious problems to switch to PHP 8.1 so Ternkey linux is now offering a new Iso with nextcloud.
I was able to install this ain a ESXi VM

And now my problem,
How do I move the Whole Nextcloud from the old server to the new one.

The new Version of Nextcloud is now 16.02
The old Nextcloud which should be moved with all settings and apps is 25.0.5
because it cannot be updated as PHP 8.x is required

Is there a simple way to achieve this, as I ready don’t know how to e.g. do a database backup etc…

Hope for easy to understand Step-by-Step guide for dummies.

Many THX for your patience and help.

Alllways read the manual:
Backup — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

Restoring backup — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

Didn’t you read?

THX for taking care

Does it mean i have to copy the folders
The config folder
The data folder
The theme folder

from old Nextcloud and simply overwrite the same folders on the new NextCloud?

No, not that simple.
You should replace those directories and restore the database dump on the new machine, as described in the manual.

You should first know EXACTLY what you have to do and what you are doing. Only when that is guaranteed, then restore the server step by step.

You can try it out several times on the new server for practice. If it works then you did everything right, if not then just try again.

running backup/restore cycle is valid approach depending on your goal.

If you are looking for the way to setup new server side-by-side you might want to look at Migrating to a different server] docs.

but yes you have to copy all the files and database contents to the new server.

For new installation, Nextcloud-AIO is an optional.

THX for taking Care

Thats exactely my problem!

So As I understand I have to copy the folders:
The config folder
The data folder
The theme folder
to my Pc and then overwrite the files on the new Nextcloud, Right?

Then
1 put OLD Nextcloud in maintenance mode
2 do a database dump!?

What are the commands to do this on the old Nextcloud?

PS:
As said I use the Turnkey Nextcloud ISO and found a tool called Adminer:

But I do not know the settings to export The Database

I also tried This:
mysqldump --single-transaction -h [192.168.178.185] -u [USER] -p[Password] [nextcloud] > nextcloud-sqlbkp_date +"%Y%m%d".bak

but got This:
mysqldump: Got error: 2005: “Unknown MySQL server host ‘[192.168.178.185]’ (-2)” when trying to connect
How to find the Host name?

You should use localhost as the host of the database instead of 192.168.178.185.

Then look, if your default character set is utf8mb4 or not (you can see in config/config.php)

If yes, then dump this way:

mysqldump --single-transaction --quick --default-character-set=utf8mb4 -h localhost -u $DB_USER -p$DB_PASS $DB_NAME > $backupdir/nextcloud$version_$(date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S_")mysql.dump

I could help you with a normal installation but that exotic chaos migration you are trying without even understanding what you are doing is crazy.

Maybe you would be better up, when they would give you the support for theire products, if you did not solve it yourself yet.

Nextcloud is free, the only Price you have to pay, is to read the manuals thoroughly and learn to administer a Linux server on the console.
Simply reading the linked manuals would have give you alle the answers. But if you don’t read or bring solution skills with you (google, maybe even ChatGPT etc.) why should others serve you everything bite-sized?