Migration from Owncloud 10 to NextCloud 12

Hi!

We’d need your help to migrate our OwnCloud instance to NextCloud.
We are currently running OwnCloud 10.0.3.3 with a Sqlite3 database and their tool to migrate to MySQL is broken…

I’ve seen on a forum someone managed to migrate to MySQL without NextCloud by migrate the database through your tool.
However, I’ve tested with version 13 and wasn’t able to proceed, and I’m having the issue described below with version 12.

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 12.0.7
Running Ubuntu 18.04
Apache 2.4.18
PHP version 7.30

The issue we are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. With OwnCloud 10.0.3.3 and Sqlite3 database, run command:

cd /var/www/nextcloud/
sudo -u www-data php occ db:convert-type mysql db_user 127.0.0.1 nextcloud_db

Output the following error:

[Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException]
There are no commands defined in the “db” namespace.

Can’t figure out how to migrate properly at this point and we are stuck with Sqlite3 which causes trouble to handle our instance now.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
John

You probably should migrate to NC 12 first before you migrate the database. It’s not only because we want you to convert to the Nextcloud universe, both projects have been apart for some time and the databases are not identical. So you probably can’t just let NC do the job. Or convert the database to NC, convert to mysql and then just use this db in OC.

It’s not impossible that there is a way around (perhaps it was quite easy in earlier versions), but if you know enough, you probably could help to fix this function in OC.

Thank you, I indeed managed to get it running with MySQL after migration to NC.

So happy now :slight_smile:
Thanks again!
John