Migrating AIO data using borg to new server running reverse proxy

Hi,

We have an AIO server we setup when AIO first came out.

We are moving to a new server which we want to run AIO using a reverse proxy with Caddy and Custom SSL certs. We have done a trial run of setting up a fresh install on this new server and it works great. I can use my purchased certs and nextcloud is happy.

I am trying to now migrate the data from our existing server. I understand Borg is backing up the data and I have mapped the folder on my docker instance to the local host. So I can browse /srv/nextcloud/backups/borg and see it all.

I was hoping to copy this folder over to the new server and mount the folder on the new docker install and then on the nextcloud install screen use the bottom section of the installation screen to restore a backup.

I deleted my test setup (using the instructions on the github page). Done a fresh install. Copied the borg folder (also tried chmod 777 it) In my compose file I’ve added these lines:

volumes:
      - /srv/nextcloud/ncbackupfromold:/ncbackupfromold

When I try to enter /ncbackupfromold as the backup to restore from I get this error when I test the path and password:

No ‘borg’ directory in the given backup directory found!
Only the files/folders below have been found in the given directory.

Please adjust the directory so that the borg archive is positioned in a folder named ‘borg’ inside the given directory!

One time i seemed to get as similar error but it said it found the borg folder but was missing some other stuff.

If I bash into the docker container and ls /ncbackupfromold i can see a borg folder and if I ls the borg folder I can see files.

Any ideas? I suspect maybe I didn’t copy it correctly? What is the best way to move a borg respoitory from one server to another for AIO.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Hi, can you check if entering /srv/nextcloud/ncbackupfromold as restore location works?

Doh! You have got to be kidding me! You enter the host path not the docker path? How did I miss that? Thankyou sooo much @szaimen Will try it now

Yes, I hoped it was coreectly described in the AIO interface?