Memcached and redis are installed and running? why doesn't nextcloud see them?

• No memory cache has been configured. To enhance performance, please configure a memcache, if available. For more details see the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.

ps auxwww | grep memcache nobody 832 0.0 0.1 22084 3912 - Ss 24Dec23 11:55.60 /usr/local/bin/memcached -d -P /var/run/memcached/memcached.pid

config.php: 'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',

redis 85150 0.0 1.2 82220 62712 - Rs 2Feb24 46:32.35 redis-server: /usr/local/bin/redis-server 127.0.0.1:6379 (redis-server)

I have the same issue. It doesn’t seem to negatively affect anything but the warning continues to display in the system diagnostics even though they are installed and otherwise appear to be working correctly

Do you have your redis configured in the config.php? You’ll want to provide a full (redacted) config.php for any real assistance. Also provide your Nextcloud deployment method (Docker, bare metal ect).

'redis' =>
  array (
     'host' => 'localhost',
     'port' => 6379,
    'dbindex' => 0,
    'password' => '', // Optional, if not defined no password will be used.
    'timeout' => 1.5,
  ),
1 Like

Wordpress is using redis and I can get stats from it so I know it works.

I may have gone one upgrade too far with NextCloud, there are features or new config items I don’t understand or know how to configure. I have not been able to figure out “/ocm-provider/” for a couple of releases now and all of a sudden NextCloud can’t the address of the host it’s running, preferring to use the LAN address of the router as its own? mjs files are in mime.types but aren’t seen…it’s getting away from me.

If Redis is already used by Wordpress, for example, then you have to make sure that they don’t get in each other’s way, so you should put Nextcloud on a different database. By default the used database is with index ‘0’ but you can also go to ‘1’ or ‘2’ or whatever index.
The number of databases that Redis provides is set in /etc/redis/redis.conf with the variable databases

Thats a complete different issue.

Did you read this:

ernolf

2 Likes

In addition to the important tips mentioned by @dugite-code & @ernolf, please read the documentation. You have an incomplete memory caching configuration if that’s the only line you have:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/28/admin_manual/configuration_server/caching_configuration.html#organizations-with-single-server