Maps and Contacts to integrate with Garmin gps

Many of my contacts (contacts app) have addresses. Some of these arenā€™t really human contacts but places to go hiking. They come up nicely on my maps app as well and I see navigation co-ordinates can be accessed also (lat and long) for these addresses. How to get this data easily into a gpx file as waypoints? That way it can be imported into my Garmin gps. I understand the gpx format is quite simple so perhaps I could create a file from info already in my Nextcloud database? Trouble is I donā€™t begin to understand the table structure for maps and contacts. Any suggestions? There may be a much easier way to do what I want?

Yes, the gpx format for waypoints is very easy. Also it is very easy to create from CSV (including lat, lon and name) a gpx file. Very cool whould be an direct export function in Maps and/or Contacts to a gpx-file. But i think today not enough people use gpx e.g. on Garmin. Maybe you can search and/or create an issue here or here.

example.gpx

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<gpx version="1.1" creator="">
<wpt lat="51.500833" lon="-0.124444">
<name>London Big Ben</name>
</wpt>
</gpx>

Thanks. This confirms what I thought. One question for me is this. In maps I can select a position, right click and share that position (it copies to clipboard in lat/long form). However, the ā€˜locationā€™ property in contacts is in another form. Once i have created a contact with a street address, it would be good if this could be matched with a lat/long position/location. I suspect this data could be extracted from the nextcloud mysql database but to create a suitable ā€˜searchā€™ string would be difficult without an good knowledge of how all the tables are structured. With this information I can see it would be easy to create some code to make a simple .gpx file that just contained waypoints.