Manual installation of Apps

I have downloaded tar.gz file of a app which I want to install from nextcloud app store after which I have extracted that file with the same user I have running my web server and put that extracted folder in /path/to/nextcloud/apps

Changed ownership as well using

Chown -R apache:apache /path/to/nextcloud/apps

But nothing happens I am able to see the default apps and server is working fine it is only the new apps which I want to install manually wont show up

1 Like

May i ask why you don’t install it the recommended way but want to install it manually if the app is available at the app store?

Maybe you have to go to app settings after copying the files and activate the app which will likely be in the “deactivated” section? :thinking:

I want to install it manually because am using it in my LAN environment and which is not supposed to be connected to internet

And yes I have nothing there in disabled apps section as well

Only the default apps are showing eveything is working fine even the ldap integration works well it is just the new apps which I want to install manually
They are not showing up

It’s documented at https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#apps-commands

1 Like

i got a timeout while trying to download, can i manually put tar.gz somewhere or you it manually with some command ?
Your link doesn’t help with a any local installation.

1 Like