Manjaro Gnome can't launch Nextcloud Desktop client AppImage

I’m using the latest Manjaro Gnome. Naturally, many QT libraries are not installed.

I downloaded the latest AppImage for the Linux Desktop x86_64 client from here. Current version is 2.3.3. I set the executable bit, but when I try to run it from a Terminal, it complains about the absense of an “xcb” library, which seems QT-related:

[user@myhost Downloads]$ ./Nextcloud-2.3.3-x86_64.AppImage 
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb"
in "".

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted (core dumped)
[user@myhost Downloads]$

I searched in the Pamac package manager for “xcb”. There are about 25 possible xcb-related packages (and I don’t have AUR enabled), and 9 of these are already installed, indicated with the green squares:

Any ideas about which packages I should install?

PS: I would really prefer not to turn AUR on. I would like to keep my Manjaro box as stable as possible.

By looking at this page, I was able to determine what the dependencies (probably) are for the AppImage. Nothing obviously related to “xcb” listed there! When I installed those dependancies (again, leaving AUR disabled), then tried launching the AppImage again, I got the same error message.

Have a look here now … works on my side …

Indeed, when I add those shell variables (mentioned after following your Github link) at the start of the command line, then and only then I can execute Nextcloud Desktop client 2.3.3 in my Manjaro Linux 17.1.10.

Thanks, @lukrop, and @guddl ! :slight_smile:

I commented in Guthub as well.

Hello, i still have the same problem you had with my Manjaro 2020 version to launch " Nextcloud-2.3.3-x86_64.AppImage" : Unrecognized archive format
? Did you ever find a solution ???

Thanks for answering