Maintenance Mode (but not really?)

Hi all,

I’ve just installed Nextcloud, and it works from the web interface. however, when I try connect using the windows 10 application, I get a 503 error. And when I try log in using my Android phone, I get a “Server is in maintenance mode”.

A 503 usually means service not available, however, the service IS running (on another machine) and is serving the page so that I can access it in a browser, but the APP doesn’t seem t o like it.

As for the Android App: when I navigate to the page http://ipaddress/status.php in my browser (on my PC) I get:

{“installed”:true,“maintenance”:false,“needsDbUpgrade”:false,“version”:“25.0.3.2”,“versionstring”:“25.0.3”,“edition”:“”,“productname”:“Nextcloud”,“extendedSupport”:false}

Surely this indicates that it is in fact NOT in maintenance mode. And what I can tell from the rest of that string is that it doesn’t need anything else.

Am I missing something obvious?

Extra:
Server is on an internal network on the 192.168 private network range in a /24.

uname -a
Linux hub 5.19.0-32-generic #33~22.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon Jan 30 17:03:34 UTC 2 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

VERSION=“22.04.2 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)”

Ah, I figured it out.
I needed to add some random characters to the instanceid in the config.conf file.

The error messages should probably be improved to identify what needs to be done rather than giving mysterious and conflicting error messages.