Mail App: Internal Server Error

Softaculous install of NextCloud seems to run fine, including many of the most basis apps; but I can not launch the mail app at all. The instant I click the mail icon, this error appears:

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.
If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.
More details can be found in the server log.
Technical details

Remote Address: 75.163.216.12
Request ID: oobuUAXhpMN9kdGHSoWU

My hosting company looked at some settings, disabled ModSecurity and increased the PHP values; but they’re out of ideas. Does mail usually work with a softaculous install? Are there any know configuration issues?

So I can’t answer your questions but I think you need to check your PHP versions, to make sure that updated modules have in fact been installed and that they are active in your web-server. I don’t think I have ever had this problem that WASN’T linked to PHP. Try disabling php modules and re-enabling them making sure you have the correct PHP modules installed first. GOOD LUCK. Please post update if you fix this (whatever the method).

And don’t forget to restart your web server after any changes… :slight_smile:

Thanks, but this doesn’t sound like end-user level instructions. I vaguely know what PHP modules are; and AFAIK, users don’t have access to restarting the webserver on a shared hosing account.

Ok. Good luck. Can you please post your final solutuon here, as it’s an interesting mystery.