macOS Desktop Client Update

We noticed that the desktop client on macOS (cannot check this on any other operating system) does not seem to check for new updates properly.

We have desktops with the desktop client version 2.3.3, saying that there is no update available. The current version is 2.5.2 though, so in theory there is an update available. (screenshot attached)

I think this is a bug in the desktop client not checking its update channel properly, or am I wrong?

NC: 15.0.7
Desktop Client: 2.3.3 (build 84)

1 Like

Hi, I think this is not a bug but the step between 2.3.3 and the 2.5x version is a major one with incompatibilities. I also think with the 2.5.0 announcement there was some information that this step cannot be indicated to the update mechanism in 2.3.3

Hi,

but 2.3.3 surely was not the last version before 2.5 (I remember 2.4x) and it still doesn’t explain why the updates are not being pushed through the update channel and the client always tells the user that there us no update available. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen the blog entries with all the changes and I do agree that they had to been made but what they don’t say, is that you have to manually update your client. It just says something along the line “Get the new client now”.

I still consider the “missing” update feature a bug.

//EDIT: I just got a reply from another user who had been on holiday till today and he just told me that he is using version 2.5.1 and it also says “No updates available”, despite 2.5.2 being available.