Mac os 27 Finder file sync Issue

Hi All

I have 2 mac that have been upgraded to os 27. The laptop no issues at all and works fine. The M4 mac mini had an issues syncing a file that I could not sort. I uninstalled the client and re-installed the client but now in finder under nextcloud it just says it’s logged out and has a spinning loading logo.

I have done a full clear out on the mac and re-installed again but same issue, logs say FileProviderExt: Authentication failed due to a connection error.
NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009

Whilst trying to authenticate using the login in finder whilst doing a packet capture, nothing is captured. The app is logged in and has the green tick as says it’s synced up to date

The main desktop client connects normally, but the File Provider extension times out before sending any observable network traffic:

Authentication try timed out. Trying again soon.
Not fetching item because account was never set up.

Nextcloud Hub 26 Spring (35.0.1) Docker
Nextcloud Desktop Client Version 34.0.4

Hello @glennbtn,

welcome to the Nextcloud community! :handshake:

Which steps did you carry out? Did you delete the config file like described in the official docs?

Yes cleared all folders including the Library/Containers/com.nextcloud.desktopclient which had the cfg file in a sub folder

Do you have the server on LAN or with a self-signed certificate?

There is a known keychain issue just recently cleared up more which I hopefully can fix very soon, by the way.

The file provider extension and main app are distinct processes. The former like a dedicated sync client mostly independent from the latter.

Have you also tried resetting the file provider domain in the account specific settings in the app settings?

Hi Iva

This server is on my LAN with no external access but is running a valid Lets Encrypt certificate and the domain name is valid on my lan.

I did try the resetting of the provider in the setting but no joy. Also completely removed again and even tried the 35.1.0 alpha incase a V34 issue