Lot of errors in system log after update to Nextcloud 28.0.4

Hello. After update from 28.0.3 to 28.0.4 I have lot of errors in system log after open any link on web interface (672 errors now). App trying to open non-existent wrong path.

Example of error in logging section:

{
“reqId”: “xxxxx”,
“level”: 3,
“time”: “2024-03-28T22:25:53+00:00”,
“remoteAddr”: “xxxxx”,
“user”: “Admin”,
“app”: “PHP”,
“method”: “GET”,
“url”: “/index.php/settings/admin/logging”,
“message”: “is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client1/web103/webapps//core/l10n/ru.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web103/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web103/private:/var/www/clients/client1/web103/tmp:/var/www/cloud.team-tech.ru/web:/srv/www/cloud.team-tech.ru/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom:/proc:/sys) at /var/www/clients/client1/web103/web/lib/private/Template/ResourceLocator.php#100”,
“userAgent”: “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36”,
“version”: “28.0.4.1”,
“data”: {
“app”: “PHP”
},
“id”: “xxxxx”
}

/var/www/clients/client1/web103/web/ - is NC folder.

/var/www/clients/client1/web103/webapps//core/l10n/ru.js - wrong
/var/www/clients/client1/web103/web/apps - correct

Debian 12, PHP 8.2.17. Please help if know how fix it. Thank you.

1 Like

Just add the path to /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web103/.php-fcgi-starter and restart the webserver.

I would put the NC folder ot of the web folder :wink:

Same here.
These errors happen since we updated to NC 28.0.4.
It seems that NC use a wrong path for some javascript language files.
In our opinion, it should be:
/path/to/ncroot/apps/core/l10n/de.js
instead of
/path/to/ncrootapps//core/l10n/de.js
I think, the leading slash before “apps” is missing. Requesting this wrong link causes the open_basedir restriction error.

If there is any workaround out there, so plase let us know.
Thank you

2 Likes

It doesn’t work. So, I’m use PHP-FPM and Apache 2 configured for work with HTTP/2.

Path error somewhere in NC source code…

Same here - on nginx with php8.3-fpm

Lot’s of entrys… As BNE said before, the leading slach before apps is missing somewhere in the NC-Code.

1 Like

If there are already several with this problem, please open a bug report on github.com/nextcloud/server/issues

It’s already fixed, but didn’t make it to the 28.0.4 release, see [stable28] fix(JSRecourceLocator): Add missing slash after server root by backportbot[bot] · Pull Request #44413 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

You should be able to manually apply the PR though: Patching Nextcloud — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

2 Likes

Done. The workaround/patch works! :+1:t3:
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.