Looks that something with contacts is wrong :: This parser only supports VCARD and VCALENDAR files

I am transforming my nextcloud service to docker. So I did export calendars, contacts and save all other data to local PC.
Then I did install new nextcloud in docker, configure it with new DB so it is fresh new installation.

I did create user and start to uploding data. Later I did find out there following error message in log:

Sabre\VObject\ParseException: This parser only supports VCARD and VCALENDAR files

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/vobject/lib/Parser/MimeDir.php - line 90:
Sabre\VObject\Parser\MimeDir->parseDocument()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/vobject/lib/Reader.php - line 47:
Sabre\VObject\Parser\MimeDir->parse()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CardDAV/Plugin.php - line 801:
Sabre\VObject\Reader::read()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CardDAV/Plugin.php - line 459:
Sabre\CardDAV\Plugin->convertVCard()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/CardDAV/Plugin.php - line 194:
Sabre\CardDAV\Plugin->addressbookQueryReport()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:
Sabre\CardDAV\Plugin->report()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 685:
Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:
Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpReport()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 472:
Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 253:
Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()

/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 321:
Sabre\DAV\Server->start()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 332:
Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:
OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

/config/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 167:
require_once("/config/www ... p")

Firstly I did think that reason is some of my client (android phone using DAV5x or PC with linux gnome) are using all login and their cache is try to do something what is not existing anymore.
I did used same https certificate for new nextcloud installation and same usernames and their pass.

So I did remove accouns from android phone and from gnome online accounts.
I was sure there are no other clients trying to synchronize.

BUT I find out that that error message apears when I open contact app in web gui.

I have two users, one has no contacts but another one has some. I did import those from file which was created in old nextcloud as backup. And problematic is user with contacts.

I am log in as user who has imported contacts, clicking settins (left bottom in contacts app) I see only “Contacts” addressbook. There is not “Recently contacts” addressbook. I dont know where its gone. And I think it is a reason of error message.

I did remove that users. Created new one, import all contacts and everything works ok. “Recently contacts” addressbook was there and no error message. I did setup android phone dav5x app to synchronize and everything works OK.

I went to sleep.

I did open web gui and at morning and there is no “Recently contacts” addressbook and of course error message in log. There are no othere messages during night.

This is a known issue with some clients. There is an issue over on Github :slight_smile:

ok, but it is problem of NC21 then, because there was not such error in my previous nextcloud service which was NC20.

Please, can you provide link to that issue? thanks

I did remove problematic user. It ask me that it will remove all related data so I say yes.
Then I create new user with same username but “Recently contacts” is not there and of courser error message in log.

I’ve been seeing these log entries for some time already. The recent contacts are part of the mail app as I understood. So perhaps you didn’t just upgrade from 20 to 21, but also installed some new apps?

This is the issue I was talking about: Contacts sync broken since NC 19upgrade · Issue #22439 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

well, I did install mail app, set it up for my user who has not “recently contacts” but nothing happen.

My conclusion is that synchronizing process remove “recently contacts” somehow and then generating error. There is not solution for this, at least I cound not find it on github or here.

and what is pretty strange is If I remove user, wait some minutes for cron to do job cleaning all users data AND then user with same username is created but he/she has not “recently contacts”

I did install mail app in my nextcloud service. Then I did create new user (who is totaly new username). I did configure davx5 on android and gnome online accouns and looks that synchronizing contancts and calendar works OK. “Recently cotnacted” address book is still there.

do you think that reason of error is missing mail app?

I did find out new problematic situations:

1. I did create new user
  2. I did import calendar from ics file
  3. but I did imported that to “Personal” calendar instead new one
  4. so I did delete “Personal” calendar
  5. Then I did create new Personal
  6. and import again to new calendar
  7. “Recently contacted” addressbook is gone.

I did try it with another new user and when you delete “Personal” calendar it will also remove “Recently contacted” addressbook.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.