Log out of NextCloud Android App

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 23.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Docker image on Synology
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.52
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0.14

The issue you are facing:

May be a stupid question but how do I log out of the NextCloud Android App should I want to test signin or sign in as another user.

1 Like

I’m wondering the same.
I logged in as admin first,
but then decided that I want to dedicate the admin user to admin stuff
and use my own user account for actual work.
Uninstalling and re-installing the app was the only way I could find.

has this been answered? seriously a simple request, to log out of the app…its now Dec 2023 and i’m having the same issue.

Using nextcloud web log in as admin and go to Personal - Security - Devices & sessions and revoke access to your device you want to log out. You can log in again using different user. This worked for me.

Or using the nextcloud mobile app go to Manage accounts and remove account.

That’s a very crappy way to log out of an app on your phone! Add a frigging logout button!

Please keep it polite!

The solution was posted above, just go to manage account in the android app and remove your account.

I fail to see how what I said was impolite! Perhaps you need to grow up and stop being overly sensitive. They’re just words after all. The word frigging was used simply to show frustration, not to be impolite to anybody.

This would make sense in an app where you can only be logged in with one account at a time. However, the Nextcloud app supports multiple accounts, so you don’t have to log out of your current account in order to use another one. And if you no longer want to use a particular account, you can simply remove it.

I won’t discuss this any further. The solution was pointed out above, just click on “Remove account” and you’re good to go. It’s just not called “logout”.

1 Like