Localhost access on standard apps caused high amount of upload bytes

Hello all,

since I’ve had a lot of traffic on nextcloud lately, I took a look at the logs. Is it normal that localhost accesses “cadviewer”, “Files_mindmap” or “richdocuments”? Exactly at that time, the upload rate went quite high.

Best Regards
Manuel

Are you using a reverse proxy running on 127.0.0.1? It’s possible you don’t have trusted_proxies configured properly so that’s the IP address being listed for all of your connections in the log (which is also a security problem). Check the manual if so to fix that.

As for the other bits of those entries, those are normal startup messages for any connection (well if you have logging sent to 0 or 1) if you have those apps installed.

Beyond that I can’t say without a better idea of what you mean specifically by a “high amount” / upload rate going high (and how you’re measuring that or and from what perspective). Technically anything sent - even a tiny transaction - will fill your NIC to 100% if it can, albeit only for like milliseconds. But if you’re looking at some rate over 5 minutes or something that’s another matter.

P.S. Your log level looks like it’s set to 0 which will slow things down. Please set it to something more reasonable, unless that was just temporary. Also make sure debug is not enabled unintentionally.

Hello @jtr ,

thank you for your answer. I have not configured a trusted_proxies.

I have now set the log level to 1 because I would like to see which apps or classes are started by which processes.

The designation “high amount” upload rate refers to a message from the monitoring tool monit, which monitors the daily upload and download consumption. If the upload exceeds 25GB I get a message. This has been happening at regular intervals for a month. What is noticeable is that most of the time, when this mark is broken, these apps are called up and then “coolwsd” is involved. But that is also a bit of a guess.

Best Regards
Manuel

Perhaps one additional piece of information. Whenever the app “richdocuments” is called, the message of high consumption of the upload rate appears.