LLDAP - Lightweight LDAP server for Nextcloud, Authelia, etc

This project is a lightweight authentication server that provides an opinionated, simplified LDAP interface for authentication. It integrates with many backends, from KeyCloak to Authelia to Nextcloud and more!

Screenshot of the user list page

It comes with a frontend that makes user management easy, and allows users to edit their own details or reset their password by email.

The goal is not to provide a full LDAP server; if you’re interested in that, check out OpenLDAP. This server is a user management system that is:

• simple to setup (no messing around with slapd),
  • simple to manage (friendly web UI),
  • low resources,
  • opinionated with basic defaults so you don’t have to understand the subtleties of LDAP.

It mostly targets self-hosting servers, with open-source components like Nextcloud, Airsonic and so on that only support LDAP as a source of external authentication.

For more features (OAuth/OpenID support, reverse proxy, …) you can install other components (KeyCloak, Authelia, …) using this server as the source of truth for users, via LDAP.

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like a really great project!

1 Like

I haven’t tried I yet, but looks great!
It supports x86 arm32 and arm64.

1 Like

I’ve added it to the AIO documentation as recommended ldap container: GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All In One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

2 Likes