Let's Encrypt update question

No trouble getting Let’s Encrypt to work once I routed both ports 80 and 443 on my new Nextcloud Box.

I’ve been running ownCloud and Nextcloud out of virtual machines and these have always required a command line update every 90 days, which I did when I got an email from Let’s Encrypt.

I saw something in passing that seemed to indicate this might not be necessary with my Nextcloud Box?

Even if a command line is required, you can still schedule this to run automatically.

I have NextCloud running on Ubuntu 16.04.1 and all I did was edit the crontab and added this line to the bottom…

30 2 * * 1 /usr/bin/letsencrypt renew >> /var/log/le-renew.log

Runs every Monday and checks to see if certs are due for renewal. If they are, runs the renewal for me.

1 Like

There is no letsencrypt in /usr/bin/ => Nextcloud Box with snapy. here at my Nextbox.

There is a directory renewal at /var/snap/nextcloud/136/certs/certbot/config/renewal/
In the directort is a file DNS-name => ..conf with the letsencrypt info.
But now??

The contents of my file at is…

#!/usr/bin/python
# EASY-INSTALL-ENTRY-SCRIPT: 'letsencrypt==0.4.1','console_scripts','letsencrypt'
__requires__ = 'letsencrypt==0.4.1'
import sys
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point

if __name__ == '__main__':
    sys.exit(
        load_entry_point('letsencrypt==0.4.1', 'console_scripts', 'letsencrypt')()
    )

Is Nextcloud Box running in a Docker container or on some version of Linux?