LDAPS setup fails

Hi everyone.

I am trying to set up LDAP/AD integration using LDAPS protocol, with no success so far… log file says:

{“reqId”:“xmonXJiYfmUzwUhb5RUT”,“level”:2,“time”:“2022-01-19T20:19:10+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“10.167.128.132”,“user”:“admin”,“app”:“user_ldap”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/index.php/apps/user_ldap/ajax/wizard.php",“message”:“Configuration Error (prefix s02): No LDAP Login Filter given!”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:90.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/90.0”,“version”:“22.2.3.0”}

LDAP/AD integration using LDAP protocol works! When I change to LDAPS protocol fails! Our domain controller is already setup to answer LDAPS queries and I did some tests using “ldapsearch” CLI tool with success.

From LDAP to LDAPS I add the prefix ‘ldaps://’ in the server name and I change the protocol port to 636. All other fields stays the same. No success!!!

May someone have any material or clue to share?

Hope I was clear enough.

Thanks.

Perhaps a problem with certificates unknown to your nextcloud server. You could try to disable the certificate checks in the settings of the LDAP connection and see if it works without the checks.

Thanks for your answer.

Good point! Do you have any step by step how to set up the certificate file in the Nextcloud server? Or how to disable the certificate checks?

Thanks again.

1 Like

You can find a good starting point in the docs:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/configuration_user/user_auth_ldap.html#connection-settings