LDAP groups found but not showing up in users

unfortunately I had to rebuild my Nextcloud instance after an error during the update. Now since the update from v18.0.1 to 18.0.2 the LDAP connection does not work correctly anymore. The users as well as the groups are found in the setup and also the login of the users via LDAP authentication works without problems. But now it is so that in the user list, the groups from the LDAP itself are no longer displayed, although they are displayed accordingly in the LDAP configuration pages.

The settings, which are currently set, were also set in version 18.0.1 and there I had no problems and everything worked fine. The log itself does not show any errors.

Is there currently a problem or does anyone have a solution how I can solve this problem? Unfortunately, the groups are extremely important for further use and you cannot do without them.

Thank you in advance for any tips!

I’m having the same issue on a new installation. Have been pulling my hair out for 2 hours trying to get it working. I think it must be a bug.

I have another installation that I just upgraded to 18.0.2 and it is still showing the ldap groups under users.
The external SMB storage still has the ldap groups also and is working as far as I can tell.

If you suspect a bug, take a look at the bug tracker: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues
For reporting a new bug, there is a template that shows up so you can provide all the necessary information.

I’m also having the same issue after upgrading to 18.0.2 from 18.0.1. Existing groups are fine, new groups do not appear under users.

This seems to be caused by updated code in the LDAP user and group backend app.

I have replaced the following file with the one from 18.0.1 and seems to be working fine as a temporary workaround. \nextcloud\apps\user_ldap\lib\Access.php

bcoory

This seems to be caused by updated code in the LDAP user and group backend app.

I have replaced the following file with the one from 18.0.1 and seems to be working fine as a temporary workaround. \nextcloud\apps\user_ldap\lib\Access.php

Thanks! This worked on a fresh 18.0.2 install also.

Same here. Replaced Access.php with version of Dec 5 2109

and now the groups are displayed. It seems definitely a regression on recent code.

I opened an issue for this: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/19970#issue-581754558

I’m also having the same issue on nextcloud 19.0.1 and nextcloud 19.0.4 instances.
After ldap integration, groups couldn’t be imported.
Let me know if updated Access.php file works for these nextcloud verions.

Thanks.

I seem to be having the same issue, but on Nextcloud 26 on docker with the AIO image.
The groups are also not showing up in apps like ‘group folders’.
LDAP backend is Authentik
LDAP config gives the correct count of groups in the settings interface. No errors are logged.
Still troubleshooting…

Fixed here