Ldap Authentication SSL/TLS using port 636

Nextcloud version 13.0.5
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
PHP 7.2

Hi there,

i have a problem with the ldap under ssl/tls authentication using port 636. In our company, i tried to fetch the userdata from our mainserver and integrate the data in the nextcloud. In the ldap-app i typed in the ip-address from the mainserver and the ldap-user with the password and the baseDN. Without encryption using port 389, it works fine. When i try to use ldaps://ip-address for TLS and change the port to 636, i get the error-message “Lost connection to LDAP server”. I have no clue how to solve the problem. I’ve read that i have to install the certificate of the mainserver. I dont know how this works. Iam new to linux and nextcloud. i hope anyone can help me and please excuse my very bad english. Thank you

Unless you’re using self-signed certificates, you shouldn’t need to install the certificate on your Nextcloud server. What is the LDAP server? Active Directory or OpenLDAP?

I solved the problem. I had to istall the Server-Certificate and then i opened port 636. After a quick apache restart, it worked.

I use Active Directory. I put the certificate in the /etc/ssl/certs directory and made a reference in etc/ldap/ldap.conf.