LDAP and data directory for users

Hello,

I have Ubuntu 19.04 LTS and Nextcloud 18.0.6 and corresponding latest apps.

Is there a way to adapt the data directory of a specific user? This user is in LDAP and I had to change the uid and now the folder is wrongly maaped to _2223.

I would like to simply set the data path and maybe even the internal user id back to what it was. The internal user Id is _2223 as well.

Please do not ask how I got there :slight_smile: Getting DB Users into LDAP step wise is horrible and somewhere I did something wrong and then the hassle with the apppended number occured.

I followed the steps from here: Migration to LDAP keeping users and data

I did this for one user, actually I created the user in LDAP issued the

delete from oc_users where uid like 'myuser';

for the test user and then logged in. All was good. Calendar, Contacts files.

After that I started with some others and somewhere I must have don something else as the duplicates started popping up. And I cannot get them to merge.

Cheers.

I think I did it. After connecting to the database I issued the following query

update oc_ldap_user_mapping SET owncloud_name = '<uid>' where ldap_dn='uid=<uid>,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com';

and after waiting couple minutes, it seems there is a backround job running, it worked. I did rename the data folder beforehand, though.

Please be aware. I think the text in the LDAP App - Expert settings are not explicit enough.
The part stating “Do not use for production” should be bold :slight_smile:

I think shared files and folders are broken afterwards. But at least users are in the LDAP now. For home use this is now biggie but for companies I WOULD NOT recommend above procedure.