Keep getting 526 errors with cloudflare SSL origin cert

Hello, I want to set a custom SSL with my snap install of nextcloud. I read posts (Enable HTTPS on NextCloud - #3 by NaXal) telling me how to set a custom SSL cert with nextcloud.enable-https custom -s cert.pem privkey.pem cert.pem, but in vain (returns Installing custom certificate... done). I keep getting the cloudflare error page 526 : Invalid SSL certificate.

How can I get logs for this ? I looked at the folder /var/snap/nextcloud/current/logs/ but there are no errors in apache file nor using nextcloud.occ logs:file

Any ideas on how I can get it to work ?

System : Raspberry Pi 4 8Gb

Thanks

Hello,

Few questions,

1. Where did you get your SSL Certs from?
  2. Which format are they in?

The SSL needs to be in .pem format, pk12 or such needs to be converted to this individual PEM formats. Secondly that command works when these .PEM files are placed in /var/snap/nextcloud/current/certs/custom/

Check first to points to ensure the SSL Certs are wild card or valid to the specific subdomain & ensure to obtain them in .PEM format.

Check and revert back if needed

Thanks.

Hello, I made my certs using cloudflare (Origin certificates) and are in .pem formats for *.example.com and example.com.

1 Like

Hello,

Your process seems to in line with how it is said to be done. I have myself done with other public SSL certificates but in case of cloudflare, where tunnel is used, I have went with Self Signed under β€œfull” mode.

I think you better open a support issue in Snap Nextcloud Github to communicate directly with the devs there.

Issues Β· nextcloud-snap/nextcloud-snap Β· GitHub

Thanks.

Hello,

I opened an issue in the nextcloud-snap repo.

I’ll try the full mode.

1 Like