Jitsi Integration in Nextcloud Talk

It is just as described above in the thread: they are two different tools. Your understanding of the status is exactly what it is. :slight_smile:

For managing users, you could look into seting up LDAP on both Jitsi and Nextcloud.
Or, setting up Oauth2 from Nextcloud in order for your users to access Jitsi from their nc user account.

I havenā€™t tried testing how either actually works, but they are possibilities to explore. For further details, check with the Jitsi community.

Hi there!
We are using latest stable NC 20.0.8, and i has not idea how to setup NC talk bot jitsi correctly.
It doesnt work with error
{ā€œlevelā€:30,ā€œtimeā€:1617791940545,ā€œpidā€:26,ā€œhostnameā€:ā€œb4f88a3961eaā€,ā€œmsgā€:ā€œstarting WebRTC node subsystem (timeout: undefined seconds)ā€}
{ā€œlevelā€:30,ā€œtimeā€:1617791940706,ā€œpidā€:26,ā€œhostnameā€:ā€œb4f88a3961eaā€,ā€œmsgā€:ā€œconnecting to nctalkproxyd with address 172.18.0.1:1969ā€}
(node:26) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: chat.getActordisplayname is not a function
at /app/main.js:232:38
at ClientReadableStreamImpl. (/app/src/nextcloudTalkBot.js:22:45)
at ClientReadableStreamImpl.emit (events.js:315:20)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:302:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:278:9)
at ClientReadableStreamImpl.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:217:10)
at Object.onReceiveMessage (/app/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client.js:317:28)
at Object.onReceiveMessage (/app/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client-interceptors.js:287:182)
at /app/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/call-stream.js:164:74
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:79:11)
(Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)
(node:26) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see Command-line options | Node.js v15.14.0 Documentation). (rejection id: 2)
(node:26) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

you might forgive me but right now I donā€™t have the time to read through all comments.
Though I just discovered that thereā€™s a new version of a jitsi-app (beware: youā€™d need your own jitsi-server, though) connecting jitsi and NCā€¦
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/jitsi

which would eventually solve the threadā€¦ :wink:

That is great news. It could be expanded with the old bot framework to simplify inviting users from Talk into Jitsi conferences.

canā€™t test it myself since I donā€™t run any jitsi-server :frowning: but you might wanna get in touch with dev directly? checkout his git-page

1 Like