Jitsi Integration in Nextcloud Talk

hi pojnfx,

sorry before, iā€™m new in linux world , is it different between " Nextcloud Talk Bot Framework" and " Nextcloud Talk Jitsi Bot" ?
i have nextcloud, cause the current COVID-19 crisis here in my country , i thought itā€™s really helpfull if our own nextcloud server can integratation to own jitsi server.

iā€™ve just have ubuntu 18.04 with docker installed ( this is the firstime iā€™m installing docker ) still dunno much about docker.

please advice how can i integrate between nextcloud and jitsi, step by step if u donā€™t mind.

Thank You Verymuch .

Regards,

Jitsi Talk Bot is for handling Jitsi calls via commands in Talk app.
Framework is for others to write their own bots, to work with videoconferencing tools and such.

It seems someone has coded the storage of Jibri (Jitsi Video calls) in Nextcloud rather than Dropbox.
Here is their script for installing Nextcloud specifically on Ubuntu LTS and here is the overall project github for setting up Nextcloud / Jibri / Google Cloud (for transcriptions).

It would be great to make this information more generically available.

2 Likes

Now transcriptions just need to be moved to Mozillaā€™s DeepSpeech :wink:

Looks do-able based on these examples. Also found these use case examples on their forum.

1 Like

I like the idea of Jitsi integration because I found it very easy to set up when I was trying it out. They provide a docker-compose file, and I already run Nextcloud, Collabora, MariaDB, Redis, and CoTURN in Docker. Would be easy to set the whole thing up together.

1 Like

I think is not possible.
Obviousely there is no signaling server supported other than the nextcloud one.

signaling server has been open-sourced in the meantime

@pojntfx so have you discontinued all work on the bot? I see it is archive-only on github. Just curious on best modern way to set this up. Thanks!

Here it was suggested to just use the external sites app to integrate a jitsi room into nextcloud Discussion: Jitsi Integration Ā· Issue #3173 Ā· nextcloud/spreed Ā· GitHub

This works great. I found a suitable svg for the logo here https://www.svgrepo.com/svg/40483/video-chat
And I made my own white version out of it but I canā€™t upload svg neiter here nor in Github so I cant share it =(

(could not find b/w version of jitsi logo)

Maybe compress the svg file into a zip file? You could share the zip file then at least on githubā€¦

good idea, this link will take you to my comment with the zipped logos for external files videochat app logos:

due to server limitations I canā€™t support video conferencing the way I want. Talk is not delivering up to what we need.

Is it possible to integrate jitsi.me into my NC instance so I use their servers to do the heavy lifting of making multi-party video calls?

Hola que tal amigo, una pregunta, como le hiciste para hacer que se pudiera grabar la videoconferencia, tendrĆ”s alguna documentaciĆ³n?

Solo ingles por favor.

Hello, how are you, friend? One question, how did you do to make the videoconference record? Do you have any documentation?

Recording would be setup within Jitsi. It is in their documentation. It is totally independent from nc.

hi guys, i have some questions
I use Nextcloud and Talk and I would like to record the videoconference, apparently using Jitsi it is possible to do it but how can I integrate it into Talk?
Does it integrate with Nextcloud directly?
Or is Jitsi definitely only usable on Jibri?

Jitsi and Talk are completly different systems. In jitsi you can record directly via the server. In talk this isnā€™t possible. Maybe have a look here: How to record video and audio with talk - #2 by Danish_Sheraz

1 Like

I have read the main threads published here and on the net, but I still wonder: can Jitsi be integrated in NextCloud?
For me ā€œintegratingā€ does not mean having a link with a nice icon to the external Jitsi page, but being able to manage users, organize videoconferences and maybe save videos.
And above all, have a guide with instructions to do the integration.
Is there all this? Because I havenā€™t found it yet.