Issuing with nextcloud.cfg

Good morning everyone. Ho this problem. When I open Nextcloud I receive the following error message: “An error occurred while accessing the configuration file in C/users/…/appdata/roaming/nextcloud/nextcloud.cfg”. I have checked the indicated path and indeed there is no nextcloud folder or files related to nextcloud. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program but the error persists. Can you assist me by explaining what I can do to solve it? and, above all, what is causing the problem? Thank you

Hello there,

welcome to the community of Nextcloud.

Which Client version are you using?
Which Windows version are you using?

Are you able to write to the indicated path by creating a file there?

Please search your C drive for nextcloud.cfg . Maybe it is somewhere else?

Thank you for the response. Here are the details: Installed Nextcloud version is 3.11.0.20231211; WINDOWS 10; I tried searching for the nextcloud.cfg file on drive C, but without success. It doesn’t seem to be present on the PC. It’s possible that I inadvertently deleted it, but I wonder why, in case of a fresh reinstallation, the problem persists. Thank you.

Please answer this question as well.

Can you please post a screenshot of the error message as well?

Yes.
Now i have disinstalled again the software.

Hello,

see last part of the message.
It brings me back to my previous questions I am asking now for the third (and last) time:

Yes I can write.

What happen if you create a dummy empty file with the path shown in the error dialog ?

Please see video at the link.

Thank you for your appreciated kind support.

Domenico

I have 3 questions:

1. Like in my previous message, what happen when you create the exact file name in your screenshot and start the client once the file exists ? The filename is: C/users/…/appdata/roaming/nextcloud/nextcloud.cfg

2. Do you have some software likely responsible for the generation of this nextcloud.cfg.lock file ?

3. Why is there a file with name nextcloud.cfg.fFylYn ?