Issue uploading files to external SSD

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): NextCloudPi 27.1.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): running on Raspberry Pi 4

I connected a formatted/initialized external SSD to my NextCloudPi and thought I had all the settings correct, but I think there must be something I missed and hoping I can get some assistance figuring out the problem.

In Admin>external storage it appears with the name I assigned to it with a green check and the “Available for All users” box is checked. Weekly backups are being saved to the SSD. but when I try to upload files to it, I get a “File cannot be uploaded message” and there isn’t a way for me to delete files from the SSD in the NextCloudPi GUI.

When I go to Personal>External Storage in the GUI the folder name I assigned appears, but Authentication is None and Configuration is blank and if I click the Save checkmark then a red exclamation mark appears to the left of the folder name. When I hover above the red exclamation point it says “click to re-check configuration”. After clicking it changes to a green checkmark, but if I click the checkmark at the end of the entry to Save it turns back into a red exclamation point.

I assume I have something configured wrong, but I’m stuck in a loop and can’t figure out what I need to change to get things working. I’m pretty new to all of this and have only used the GUI. Any assistance of what to change in the GUI will be very appreciated!
I’m trying to replace Google drive, and I think I’m pretty close, but I’m also pretty close to giving up on NextCloud.