isBackup is not a valid attribute

Nextcloud version: 22.2.6
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Apache or nginx version: Apache/2.4.41
PHP version: 7.4

The issue you are facing:
Recently, I started migrating my Nextcloud instance from an old server to a new server. For that, I transferred the data folder and the folder containing Nextcloud itself. I also transferred the database.

Now there is a little something weird going on. I successfully get to see the login screen and also 2FA works just fine. But when I am redirected to the dashboard after the last 2FA I get the following error message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

The output of your Nextcloud log:

{"reqId":"2lk0HOqzYiDl7YUQVLyg","level":3,"time":"2022-04-04T15:17:21+00:00","remoteAddr":"***REDACTED_IPv6***","user":"***USERNAME***","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"/apps/dashboard/","message":"isBackup is not a valid attribute","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:98.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/98.0","version":"22.2.6.2","exception":{"Exception":"BadFunctionCallException","Message":"isBackup is not a valid attribute","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","line":158,"function":"setter","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","line":73,"function":"__call","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/QBMapper.php","line":320,"function":"fromRow","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/QBMapper.php","line":361,"function":"mapRowToEntity","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\QBMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Db/UserStatusMapper.php","line":114,"function":"findEntity","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\QBMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Service/StatusService.php","line":161,"function":"findByUserId","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Db\\UserStatusMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Service/JSDataService.php","line":60,"function":"findByUserId","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Service\\StatusService","type":"->"},{"function":"jsonSerialize","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Service\\JSDataService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":68,"function":"json_encode"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":89,"function":"provideInitialState","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":140,"function":"invokeLazyStateCallbacks","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/TemplateLayout.php","line":275,"function":"getInitialStates","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":182,"function":"__construct","class":"OC\\TemplateLayout","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Http/TemplateResponse.php","line":204,"function":"fetchPage","class":"OC_Template","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":171,"function":"render","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Http\\TemplateResponse","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":156,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":302,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/base.php","line":1006,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/index.php","line":36,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],"File":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","Line":129,"CustomMessage":"--"}}
{"reqId":"2lk0HOqzYiDl7YUQVLyg","level":3,"time":"2022-04-04T15:17:21+00:00","remoteAddr":"***REDACTED_IPv6***","user":"***USERNAME***","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"/apps/dashboard/","message":"isBackup is not a valid attribute","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:98.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/98.0","version":"22.2.6.2","exception":{"Exception":"BadFunctionCallException","Message":"isBackup is not a valid attribute","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","line":158,"function":"setter","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","line":73,"function":"__call","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/QBMapper.php","line":320,"function":"fromRow","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/QBMapper.php","line":361,"function":"mapRowToEntity","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\QBMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Db/UserStatusMapper.php","line":114,"function":"findEntity","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\QBMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Service/StatusService.php","line":161,"function":"findByUserId","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Db\\UserStatusMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Service/JSDataService.php","line":60,"function":"findByUserId","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Service\\StatusService","type":"->"},{"function":"jsonSerialize","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Service\\JSDataService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":68,"function":"json_encode"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":89,"function":"provideInitialState","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":140,"function":"invokeLazyStateCallbacks","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/TemplateLayout.php","line":275,"function":"getInitialStates","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":182,"function":"__construct","class":"OC\\TemplateLayout","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Http/TemplateResponse.php","line":204,"function":"fetchPage","class":"OC_Template","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":171,"function":"render","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Http\\TemplateResponse","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":156,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":302,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/base.php","line":1006,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/index.php","line":36,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],"File":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","Line":129,"CustomMessage":"--"}}
{"reqId":"2lk0HOqzYiDl7YUQVLyg","level":3,"time":"2022-04-04T15:17:21+00:00","remoteAddr":"***REDACTED_IPv6***","user":"***USERNAME***","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"/apps/dashboard/","message":"isBackup is not a valid attribute","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:98.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/98.0","version":"22.2.6.2","exception":{"Exception":"BadFunctionCallException","Message":"isBackup is not a valid attribute","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","line":158,"function":"setter","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","line":73,"function":"__call","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/QBMapper.php","line":320,"function":"fromRow","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\Entity","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/QBMapper.php","line":361,"function":"mapRowToEntity","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\QBMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Db/UserStatusMapper.php","line":114,"function":"findEntity","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Db\\QBMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Service/StatusService.php","line":161,"function":"findByUserId","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Db\\UserStatusMapper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/apps/user_status/lib/Service/JSDataService.php","line":60,"function":"findByUserId","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Service\\StatusService","type":"->"},{"function":"jsonSerialize","class":"OCA\\UserStatus\\Service\\JSDataService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":68,"function":"json_encode"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":89,"function":"provideInitialState","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/InitialStateService.php","line":140,"function":"invokeLazyStateCallbacks","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/TemplateLayout.php","line":275,"function":"getInitialStates","class":"OC\\InitialStateService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":182,"function":"__construct","class":"OC\\TemplateLayout","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php","line":132,"function":"fetchPage","class":"OC_Template","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":331,"function":"printPage","class":"OC\\Template\\Base","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/index.php","line":74,"function":"printExceptionErrorPage","class":"OC_Template","type":"::"}],"File":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Db/Entity.php","Line":129,"CustomMessage":"--"}}

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'passwordsalt' => 'REDACTED',
  'secret' => 'REDACTED',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'REDACTED',
    1 => 'REDACTED',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/volume/.nextcloud/data/REDACTED',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '22.2.6.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://REDACTED',
  'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/',
  'dbname' => 'REDACTED',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'REDACTED',
  'dbpassword' => 'REDACTED',
  'installed' => true,
  'instanceid' => 'REDACTED',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_from_address' => 'system',
  'mail_domain' => 'REDACTED',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtphost' => 'REDACTED',
  'mail_smtpname' => 'REDACTED',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'REDACTED',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'twofactor_enforced' => 'true',
  'twofactor_enforced_groups' => 
  array (
    0 => 'admin',
  ),
  'twofactor_enforced_excluded_groups' => 
  array (
  ),
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 0,
  'blacklisted_files' => 
  array (
  ),
  'allow_user_to_change_display_name' => true,
  'encryption.legacy_format_support' => true,
  'encryption.key_storage_migrated' => false,
  'app_install_overwrite' => 
  array (
    0 => 'spreed',
  ),
  'trashbin_retention_obligation' => 'auto, 90',
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

[Mon Apr 04 15:16:06.735276 2022] [autoindex:error] [pid 2529] [client ***REDACTED_IPv6***] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /var/www/cloud/apps/dashboard/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

I have already tried the following:

• Used the index.php/apps/dashboard route. Has no effect.
  • Logging in using the Incognito mode.
  • Clearing the Nextcloud cache and running occ maintenance:repair
  • Redownloaded the entire Nextcloud directory from nextcloud.com

I think I’m overlooking something. However, I can’ t see what that is. Thank you all in advance for your replies!

Perhaps you can disable or uninstall the app dashboard. Use GUI or command line.

sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable NAME_OF_APP

Thanks for your reply! I tried to install it on another server and fortunately the second attempt was successful. I am not able to try if disabling the dashboard app would achieve the desired effect, the server is already formatted.

I had the same problem after an upgrade. For some reason my oc_user_status table had an extra column is_backup. This is what causes the error, because the code does not expect the column to be there.

No idea where it came from, probably from a very old version of owncloud/nextcloud.

For me, the solution was to make a backup of the database and then run

ALTER TABLE `oc_user_status` DROP `is_backup`;
1 Like

Thank you, @hfs ! This was the solution for me!