Is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect

Hi NextCloud Friends,

i have follow problem in my Logfile:

is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/proc/meminfo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/:/tmp/:/dev/urandom) at /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/cloud.domain.com/apps/serverinfo/lib/SystemStatistics.php#74

What can I do for solved this problem

Cheers
MaWi

Hi,

You need to make changes to your php.ini file. Please search for the open_basedir setting in your php config file. you can also grep through all files, to find it:
grep -R open_basedir /etc/php*

When you found the setting where it reads something like:
open_basedir = "/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/:/tmp/:/dev/urandom"

… please append the mentioned path. You append further paths, by adding a colon “:” and the path with the leading slash “/” (ending slash is optional, not necessarily needed). That it looks like this, afterwards:
open_basedir = "/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/:/tmp/:/dev/urandom:/proc/meminfo"

If further error messages come up mentioning different paths, please add them accordingly.

"Support intro"

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer

example

here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 14.0.3):

Operating system and version (Debian Webhoster):

Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache ):

PHP version (eg, 7.0.33):

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (J):

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/proc/meminfo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/chiliboo.com/:/tmp/:/dev/urandom) at /var/www/vhosts/chiliboo.com/cloud.chiliboo.de/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/SystemStatistics.php#96

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

https://ha01s015.org-dns.com:8443/smb/web/php-info/id/1193

Hi,

i have follow problem in my Logfile:

is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/proc/meminfo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/chiliboo.com/:/tmp/:/dev/urandom) at /var/www/vhosts/chiliboo.com/cloud.chiliboo.de/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/SystemStatistics.php#96

This correct form the Support of the Webhoster:

{WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}:/dev/urandom

Before this was made, and still now after Logging I get the following error message:

Error checking server setup

Page will be reloaded again.

Update bouton can’t start update.

So how this can be solved?

Regards
fmini

Hello my friend.
I changed from “{WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}:/dev/urandom” to “none”.
it seems it is not necessary.