I was hoping someone could review my crontab configuration and make any suggestions. I’m not sure if some of these operations are already being invoked in cron.php.
*/15 * * * * php -f /var/www/html/nextcloud/cron.php
*/30 * * * * php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ preview:pre-generate
0 5 * * * php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ preview:generate-all --path=“ryan/files/Pictures”
0 4 * * * php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ files:scan --path=“ryan/files”
A majority of my files are on external storage, via SMB. I typically add pictures to ryan/files/Pictures, for example, and want the system to generate thumbnails as well as process files that were moved around, etc.
- preview:pre-generate is ran every 15 minutes, I believe this is fine.
- preview:generate-all is sort of a catch-all that is ran at 5am (after files are scanned at 4am)
- files:scan is ran at 4am because, as far as I know, this is the only way to scan external files.
- Does this setup look fine? Any suggestions?
- Is files:scan absolutely required for external file scans?
- What tasks are actually invoked when cron.php is ran?