iPhone App - Potential Bug

First of all apologies if I’ve missed any information.

We have recently setup a Nextcloud server. (V:19.0.1)

While testing my colleague deleted his account and then a few days later we re created it with the but with same details.

After doing this he is now unable to login to the iPhone app (V:3.0.1.18) using those credentials.

This is what we are seeing from the logs when trying to authenticate the app.

{“reqId”:“BlBZyxetw0hh9ExIRTaA”,“level”:2,“time”:“2020-07-24T10:14:42+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“core”,“method”:“PROPFIND”,“url”:"/remote.php/webdav",“message”:"Login failed: ‘user+name’ (Remote IP: '******’)",“userAgent”**

[core] Warning: Login failed: ‘user+name’ (Remote IP: ‘*************’)
POST /ocs/v2.php/apps/notifications/api/v2/push?format=json
from ************** at 2020-07-24T10:16:40+00:00
:“Mozilla/5.0 (iOS) Nextcloud-iOS/3.0.1”,“version”:“19.0.1.1”,“id”:“5f1ab492c5dc6”}

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance
Toby

I’m no iOS expert, don’t own a device. But: DID you/your colleague have to re-enter credentials upon re-setup? If not, you may want to search for NC creds in iOS keyring and delete it there. Just an idea!

Another one: Are you sure your colleague didn’t setup 2FA? If so, you need a token (which should be set up automatically during web-based login during re-setup or an App-PIN.

To debug, I’d delete the server account, the iOS app, search for creds in iOS keyring/password storage, create a new account with different name and easy password, set this up on the iOS device. If that works, delete on client and server, set up the original account (which DOES keep DB entries on NC!), set a simple password, set up iOS account. If it fails there, it’s a NC server bug or an iOS client bug. In both cases, re-report here and ask where to report these bugs and which data to provide.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions.

• There was no NC creds in the iOS keychain
  • 2FA was not setup for the user
  • We followed the debugging steps suggested, but were still unable to login on the app

What information would you require to investigate whether this is a bug and where it might be?

No idea, sorry. I’m just a user. One without an iOS device. But did you look into your nextcloud.log (after increasing log level, see admin manual)?