iOS App keeps prompting for credentials

I have Nextcloud 12.0.2 installed and working on Ubuntu 16 with mySQL. My Android client and the web site work fine, however the iOS client I keep trying to get working on my wifeā€™s phone keeps getting stuck into a login loop asking for credentials.

The following error pops up in the servers logs:

TypeError: Argument 3 passed to OCA\Files\Service\TagService::__construct() must be an instance of OCP\ITags, null given, called in /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/AppInfo/Application.php on line 88
/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/AppInfo/Application.php - line 88: OCA\Files\Service\TagService->__construct(Object(OC\User\Session), Object(OC\Activity\Manager), NULL, NULL)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php - line 113: OCA\Files\AppInfo\Application->OCA\Files\AppInfo{closure}(Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer))
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php - line 115: Pimple\Container->offsetGet(ā€˜TagServiceā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php - line 428: OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(ā€˜TagServiceā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php - line 413: OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->queryNoFallback(ā€˜TagServiceā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/AppInfo/Application.php - line 47: OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->query(ā€˜TagServiceā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php - line 113: OCA\Files\AppInfo\Application->OCA\Files\AppInfo{closure}(Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer))
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php - line 115: Pimple\Container->offsetGet(ā€˜APIControllerā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php - line 428: OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(ā€˜APIControllerā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php - line 413: OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->queryNoFallback(ā€˜APIControllerā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 91: OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->query(ā€˜APIControllerā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php - line 47: OC\AppFramework\App main(ā€˜APIControllerā€™, ā€˜getThumbnailā€™, Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer), Array)
[internal function] OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 299: call_user_func(Object(OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler), Array)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1004: OC\Route\Router->match(ā€™/apps/files/apiā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/html/nextcloud/index.php - line 48: OC handleRequest()
{main}

Iā€™m hoping someone can tell me what is wrong and how to fix it.

Soon a fix

Ok, do you have an ETA for the the updated version of the app will be available?

Check App Store for v2.17.8.
Provide feedback please.

sorry, still not working as of this morningā€¦this is on two iPads, one running 10.3.3, one running 11 beta 9

I removed and reinstalled the 2.17.8 version on my wifeā€™s iphone yesterday and the issue was resolved for me.

I just tried on my two iPads again by re-installing NC appā€¦still no joy for meā€¦ :frowning:

The error your screenshot shows wasnā€™t happening to me so Iā€™m wondering if you are experiencing a different issue.

Apache: 2.4
php: 7.0
Nextloud: v 12
Iphone: 4S
Nextcloud client: latest from app store

I was experiencing the same, repeated failed logins using the iphone app.
A nextcloud upgrade had failed and was stuck on step 4.

Steps to fix:
In the web root, cli, as the web user run either:
php occ maintenance:repair
or
sudo -u webUserName php occ maintenance:repair

In web admin page go to upgrade and re-run upgrade.
After successful upgrade, I am able to use the app.
Successful upgrade to 13.
Keep nextcloud up to date to avoid issues.

1 Like