IOS App 2.24.0 continually prompts for login

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 16.0.5
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Rasperian Buster
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Nginx 1.14.2
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3.9

The issue you are facing:

I have 2FA on my nextcloud so generate app passwords for individual apps. I generated an app password for the IOS app. Then used the generated QR code to login for the first time. The app accepted it fine and works for a while and then starts continuously prompting for login again and again. I have to rescan the QR code and then it goes away for a while before returning. I then have to scan the QR code again. This loop continues. It appears to not persist the login information correctly and is confused and prompts again and again for it.

The app is virtually unusable as it continually displays a login page and the only way to temporarily remove it is to rescan the QR code.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Install IOS App
  2. Scan generated QR code to login

Can someone please help with this. Thank you!

one of my customers had a similar thing but 2.40.1 app on ios after an upgrade from 60.0.4 to 16.0.5. It solved itself after around 12 hours. Dont know why. Im looking too see if more are affected when i upgrade customer instances.

There are a github bug opened up that seemed similar: https://github.com/nextcloud/ios/issues/947

Thanks. Mine has not fixed itself. App is unusable as it keeps prompting for login over and over. Crazy. This should be high priority to get fixed. I know they talked about changing the login flow for the app in the blog. Something broke in the process.

Check your logs on what it says and add to the ticket.

This is the error from the logs. It appears multiple times in the log

[webdav] Debug: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\PasswordLoginForbidden: at <>

1. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Backend/AbstractBasic.php line 105
    OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Auth->validateUserPass("*** sensitive parameters replaced ***")
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Auth.php line 253
    Sabre\DAV\Auth\Backend\AbstractBasic->check(Sabre\HTTP\Reque … "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Auth.php line 155
    OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Auth->auth(Sabre\HTTP\Reque … "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Plugin.php line 200
    OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Auth->check(Sabre\HTTP\Reque … "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Plugin.php line 150
    Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin->check(Sabre\HTTP\Reque … "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
  6. <>
    Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin->beforeMethod(Sabre\HTTP\Reque … "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
  7. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php line 105
    undefinedundefinedcall_user_func_array([Sabre\DAV\Auth\ … "], [Sabre\HTTP\Requ … }])
  8. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 466
    Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit(“beforeMethod”, [Sabre\HTTP\Requ … }])
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 254
    Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Sabre\HTTP\Reque … "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
  10. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php line 80
    Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
  11. /var/www/nextcloud/remote.php line 163
    undefinedundefinedrequire_once("/var/www/nextcl … p")

PROPFIND /remote.php/webdav/Documents/Logo/pexloe
from XX.XXX.XXX.XXX at 2019-10-06T12:15:36-07:00

I understand everyone is busy, but some help on this would be appreciated. I’m unable to use nextcloud on my IOS device so it’s a serious issue. Curious if other users are experiencing this. I can’t imagine this being an issue isolated to only me. Thank you

Every time I log in to the iOS App the login screen appears for me as well, but I just need to tap on login, and it takes me to my files, without prompting me to ask for my details.

Maybe unrelated, but all my apps can only be accessed read-only (have already opened a thread for that issue in this forum).

After numerous IOS app updates, this issue continues to persist making the IOS app completely unusable. Every few seconds it pops up a login page. I believe this is an urgent issue and needs to be addressed promptly. Thank you.

Updated to 2.25.2 latest and issue continues to persist. I’ve logged out, removed the user, uninstalled and reinstalled. Issue continues to persist. The app is unusable on my iPad. I understand bugs are prioritized, but when it affects the entire usability of an app it should go to the top of the list. I can’t imagine I’m the only one experiencing these issues. Can someone from the dev team please work with me to help resolve this issue.

Thank you and happy new year!

I seem to have a similar problem with one of the latest iOS 16.3.3 and App 4.8.0.5. Server 26.0.1.

I have one iOS device that stays logged in and one device that keeps getting logged out from the account and looses its settings (incl. the current state of the automatic photo upload). After logging in AGAIN, every setting has to be set again and the entire photo library needs to uploaded again. Why is this happening? This renders the app useless on this one iOS device.

HINT: I noticed the device is constantly running out of device storage. However, I would assume that the settings and metadata is kept no matter what (offloading, full of storage, etc. etc.)

Anyone seen things like this?