Invalid private key for encryption app on Windows 11 docker

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 28
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Win 11 Docker

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

I am getting the error:
Invalid private key for encryption app. Please update your private key password in your personal settings to recover access to your encrypted files.

This is after I enabled e2e encryption and immediately disabled it. tried to enable it again.

In Admin settings / Security, I tried to update the private keys. however, it doesn’t seem like it is working

From Logging:
|Error|core|ErrorCall to undefined method OCA\AppAPI\Service\AppAPIService::getExApp()

Error while running background job (class: OCA\ContextChat\BackgroundJobs\IndexerJob, arguments: Array ( [storageId] => 9 [rootId] => 15073 ) )|Jan 30, 2024, 1:25:19 PM||
| — | — |
|Error|core|ErrorCall to undefined method OCA\AppAPI\Service\AppAPIService::getExApp()

Error while running background job (class: OCA\ContextChat\BackgroundJobs\IndexerJob, arguments: Array ( [storageId] => 6 [rootId] => 14868 ) )|Jan 30, 2024, 1:20:19 PM||

Error while running background job (class: OCA\ContextChat\BackgroundJobs\IndexerJob, arguments: Array ( [storageId] => 1 [rootId] => 1 ) )|Jan 30, 2024, 1:20:19 PM||

Error while running background job (class: OCA\ContextChat\BackgroundJobs\IndexerJob, arguments: Array ( [storageId] => 3 [rootId] => 14850 ) )|Jan 30, 2024, 1:20:19 PM||

Error while running background job (class: OCA\ContextChat\BackgroundJobs\IndexerJob, arguments: Array ( [storageId] => 9 [rootId] => 15073 ) )|Jan 30, 2024, 1:15:19 PM||

Error while running background job (class: OCA\ContextChat\BackgroundJobs\IndexerJob, arguments: Array ( [storageId] => 6 [rootId] => 14868 ) )|Jan 30, 2024, 1:14:08 PM|

This error is for the encryption app (known as “server side encryption”), not the end_to_end_encryption app (known as “client-side encryption” or “e2ee”).

Can you clarify specifically what you enabled / steps you performed since these apps are completely independent of each other (and incompatible with each other)?

Thanks.

From the apps I enabled both. Then disabled both.

Through the enable disable toggle.

Did I answer to the point. I feel clueless. Lol.

I just checked the logging and saw this message

|Warning|encryption|ServerNotAvailableExceptionLegacy cipher is no longer supported!

Could not decrypt the private key from user “master_d6a4606c”" during login. Assume password change on the user back-end.|
| — | — |

Any ideas?