Introducing a Full Self-hosted Audio/video and Chat Communication Platform: Nextcloud Talk

Hi,

Do you have install Spreed.ME and webrtc ?

@kamekun , I have exactly the same configuration but on a real server (not vserver) and all works fine !

Do you have check your firewall ?

How you start your webrtc server ? By docker ?

@truky @B0r1sBack : Thank you for your quick answers. I haven’t installed spreed.me on the server, as I was thinking, that Nextcloud Talk is directly integrated into Nextcloud. I’ve only opened the webports 80 & 443 via ufw. Seems like I have to search for a howto install spreed.me on Debian, as it’s not officially supported. :frowning: Have a great day & keep up nextclouding :wink: Kamekun

All the suggestions to install spreed.me are wrong. There is indeed a Talk app that you install inside Nextcloud and that’s it. You might need to install a TURN server (coTURN) additionally and configure it inside Nextcloud if your router/firewall/etc situation is complicated though.

1 Like

@mario , you are right ! I don’t have webrtc et spreed.me installed on my server. Just talk app in nextcloud !

@mario : Many thanks for the clarification! :slight_smile: I found this link for configuring a turn server http://www.google.at/url?q=https://blog.netways.de/2017/08/16/setting-up-a-turn-server-for-nextcloud-video-calls/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjI0LjI3o3aAhUnCcAKHeEbDrUQFggXMAQ&usg=AOvVaw0hAam8Lb_QC6osSmtfUof6 . It is stated that you need at leadt two public ip addresses for stun + turn :’( Is there any chance to achieve this with only one public ip address? Best regards kamekun

You already have a Nextcloud public STUN configured, so no worries there.

A post was split to a new topic: [Talk] Cannot achieve communication between two devices

Because too many users post their issues here instead of opening a new thread, I’m closing this one here.

For everyone reading this: you will get better support when you open a new thread and describe your configuration and setup in detail. Mixing news and issues here, won’t be an advantage for you :wink: