Internal Server Error When Polling oAuth endpoint

I’m trying to make a 3rd party desktop app for Nextcloud tasks - I’m currently trying to authenticate the user with Nextcloud.

I’m following the directions at Login-Flow v2 to get oAuth working. My project is plagued with CORS errors but that’s besides the point - I’m launching Chrome with --disable-web-security which gets me past CORS issues.

The real issue is when sending the POST request with the token to the polling endpoint (https://cloud.example.com/login/v2/poll) my server is returning a internal error 500

Could anyone point me in the right direction to diagnose this issue?

This should not happen. I did it multiple times with curl and it was never a problem. It’s there any clue in the log of nextcloud?

Apart from that does it work with the curl approach as documented? I am fearing, the browser might sent additional information like cookies that collide with the login flow. If curl is not working for you, i can try it on my machine later on. What core version you are working on, ATM?

How do I access the nextcloud log from an SSH session? I’m away from the server and only have terminal access.

Version 24.0.5 btw

Got it logging! This was the output when calling the polling endpoint:

OC\Core\Controller\ClientFlowLoginV2Controller::poll():                     
                              Argument #1 ($token) must be of type string,
                              null given, called in
                              /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php             
                              on line 225 in file
                              '/var/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/ClientFlowLoginV2Controller.php'        
                              line 95 at
                              lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php
                              line 165

0. .../App.php line 172
                                 OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(

)
                              1. .../Router.php line 298
                                 OC\AppFramework\App::main(

)
                              2. .../base.php line 1030
                                 OC\Route\Router->match(

)
                              3. index.php line 36
                                 OC::handleRequest(

)

Caused by TypeError:
                              OC\Core\Controller\ClientFlowLoginV2Controller::poll():                     
                              Argument #1 ($token) must be of type string,
                              null given, called in
                              /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php             
                              on line 225 at
                              core/Controller/ClientFlowLoginV2Controller.php
                              line 95

0. .../Dispatcher.php line 225
                                 OC\Core\Controller\ClientFlowLoginV2Controller->poll(                    

)
                              1. .../Dispatcher.php line 133
                                 OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(                      

)
                              2. .../App.php line 172
                                 OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(

)
                              3. .../Router.php line 298
                                 OC\AppFramework\App::main(

)
                              4. .../base.php line 1030
                                 OC\Route\Router->match(

)
                              5. index.php line 36
                                 OC::handleRequest(

)```

seems to be an error with how I'm sending the data in my angular HttpModule...

The problem must be with the way I’m forming the POST request in Angular…

this.http.post<AuthResponse>(
      url,
      "token=" + token,
      { responseType: 'json', headers: this.headers }
    )

but I’m using an HttpInterceptor and the request it’s interceping’s body IS a string so I don’t understand why it’s erroring?

I am sorry, with Angular I have zero experience. Are you sure that the token is in fact a valid variable with valid content in that context? From the NC error, I would guess not so but this is really hard for me. What device are you using in this case? If it’s in the browser, you might be able to have a look at the dev tools and what the actual request is. If not, you could use a network sniffer on an unencrypted connection to grasp what is going on. A real angular dev might be of more use than me, though…

it was a problem with how I was making the http request. the data had to be send as a parameter, not as req body

thanks for your help man!

1 Like

If you have SSH access to the server, a good command to have a look at the logs is

tail -fn1 /path/to/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log | jq

You can drop the | jq to have the raw outputs but these might quickly get overwhelmed as the JSON are stored compactly.

You can also add a parameter to jq to filter the logs or extract certain entries. See also DevDocs and jq Manual.

Well in my case I was running NextcloudPi and the command to watch the log for that is:

sudo -u www-data php occ log:watch

not sure if the command you posted works with NCP but I just wanted to post that for any future users!

The command tail is part of every linux installation. Should work with pi as well.

1 Like