Internal Server Error The server was unable to complete your request. If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator. More details can be found in the server log

because the previous file was not encrypted.
so the file format is different, the solution is to disable encryption on nextcloud.

If you need to disable encryption, there’s only one way to do so. Before you do, make certain you have backups of all the files_encrypted files for all users and the system.

Here are the steps to disable encryption.

1. Open a terminal.
  2. Change to the Nextcloud directory with the command cd /var/www/html/nextcloud
  3. Switch the Nextcloud maintenance mode to on with the command sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --on
  4. Disable encryption with the command sudo -u www-data php occ encryption:disable
  5. Turn off maintenance mode with the command sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --off

Source (outdated): How to enable server-side encryption in Nextcloud | TechRepublic

A post was split to a new topic: Internal server error after update of NCP

Made an account just to post this. I had the exact error w. NC28.

I purged my ubuntu VM of Redis and cleared redis from my config.php. WIll try again later to enable file locking but for now, that immediately resolved my issue (after a reload of apache2)

put nc in maintneance mode
apt autoremove --purge redis-server
clean up config.php of redis configs
take nc out of maintenance mode
reload apache2

worked immediately, no issues and my previous issue of no files being avialble disappeared as well.