Internal Server Error - NC 18.0.6, Puppy Linux, XAMPP [SOLVED]

Hello All

My very first post here. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve installed NC 18.0.4 on Ubuntu successfully in the past. This time Iā€™m doing another install using Puppy Linux - Bionic64 and XAMPP and Iā€™m getting Internal Server Error. I have done the following:

• Changed ownership using all possible combinations between root, www-data and http
    • Iā€™ve changed write and read permissions to 775

and Iā€™m still getting php error ā€œtouch(): Unable to create file /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php because Permission denied at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Config.php#241ā€

The only time I was able to get a login screen to complete the setup is when I changed permission to 777, which is unsafe I believe.

I guess my question is what ā€œusernameā€ should I use for file/folder ownership? Is there a specific one for XAMPP? I believe I have all the configuration settings right or did I miss anything?

PS: I did not make any changes to nextcloud .htaccess files and thanks in advance.

Solved the problem.

I went ahead and proceed with the final setup by logging in (THE FIRST LOGIN). Of course the ā€˜overviewā€™ showed me all the things I need to correct. When I opened terminal and entered a command ā€œocc db:convert-filecache-bigintā€, it gave me an error saying current user is ā€œwwwā€ but the file is owned by ā€œdaemonā€. And there was my answer. Changed user and group to ā€˜daemonā€™ and problem solved.

1 Like