Internal server Error help!

Hi guys, I am fairly new in deploying my own applications. Currently i am deploying nextcloud via instruction from nextcloud: Example installation on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

After some of the steps in configuring apache web server I came across this error message:

im not sure where should i look at for this issue.

Best Regard,
Hakim

Based on error logs i manage to identified some syntax error on the config.php file but after fixing that im still stuck in somewhat the same issue.

you should search nextcloud.log . most likely in /var/www/nextcloud/data. if you can’t find it, it’s defined in the config.php 'datadirectory' =>

in the nextcloud.log you’ll find the error message. please paste it here.

Hi Reiner,

Im slightly confuse because the data directory in /var/www/nextcloud/core/data and inside it there’s no nextcloud.log

I also was looking for config.php file but only able to find config.sample.php, Refer screenshot for the config.sample.php file.

Thank you,
Hakim

Hi @Hakim,
Is your nextcloud already installed or not?
if you just have extracted the archive and move it into /var/www/, make sure www-data ( apache user have the permission on your nextcloud folder. Maybe try these lines :
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/nextcloud/
sudo chmod -R 750 /var/www/nextcloud/

can you send your apache file for your nexcloud ?

I assume, what Mageunic wrote above will do the trick. Even that the first command should suffice afaik. That step is indeed missing on the example installation.
Anyways, I can really recommend, to read through the full Installation on Linux Section, and eventually write down some notes and therefore build your own instructions. It’s indeed more to read, but it also is more information and steps towards a properly configured setup. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Mageunic

Ill give it a try.
Sorry I wasn’t able to look into this lately.
I believe I only extracted it there but did not gave it permission.

Hey @Mageunic,

Thank you so much @Mageunic, now I can access the nextcloud.

1 Like

I am having the same issue and can’t log in to my nextcloud instance. Was there ever a solution found?

Hi @Michael_Beck,
have you shell access ??if yes, open nextcloud.log in your data directory and send the errors

Yes, I have access. I am new to this!!!. I do know basic get-around the terminal commands. Could you tell me where I can find that file?

@Michael_Beck which type of installation have you? ( snap? docker? manual installation?)
have you set a specific path for data directory of nextcloud ?