Internal Server Error after install with MYSQL Database

I tried to install Nextcloud on a shared server. I did the SQLite version first and it worked fine… there didn’t seem to be a problem at all. So, then I thought I would try a MYSQL database. I deleted everything and started over to input the info for the MYSQL database and I couldn’t get it to work. It just gave me the error below. It seems pretty generic and I’m not an advanced programmer or anything like that… just enough to think I could install nextcloud :slight_smile:

When I go to the page where Nextcloud is… it shows the login page. When I try to log in it gives the error. When I check the database it looks like it has written a bunch of stuff to it so it looks like it should be connected. I’m on Bluehost FYI.

Here is the error. If anyone has an idea of how to fix this, let me know. Thanks!

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.
If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.
More details can be found in the server log.
Technical details

• Remote Address: 104.218.157.57
• Request ID: Ya8XiSrDc9m0AYo46qYy2wAAAN8

I can’t help you, but am someone can help both of us. I am experiencing exactly the same issue, with about the same level of knowledge and experience as yourself.

Well, it looks like nobody has responded to this issue so not sure we’ll get the answer… haha. Anyway, if you hear anything you can post up what you find here and I’ll do the same.