Integrity check - file list incorrect

Admin | Overview displays:

Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation. (List of invalid filesā€¦ / Rescanā€¦)

Problems:

1. None of the files in the list exist. (updated then ran ā€˜locateā€™)

2. Attempt to rescan returns the usual:

• Access denied, CSRF check failed
  3. Running the following does not solve the issue in the web interface:

• occ integrity:check-core

Currently on v21.0.1
Running Debian Buster

If the message appears on your screen the files definitely exist, but you made an error finding them. The usual way how this kind of problem is solved, is to navigate to the Nextcloud document root directory, locate the mentioned files there and to move them to a folder outside the document roou directory ir directly delete them.

Thanks for the feedback. A couple questions:

but made an error finding them

Iā€™m not clear what made an error finding the file? Myself or Nextcloud?

The files on the list have allredy been deleted some days ago.

I generally work from the command line which is how I located and deleted them. Iā€™ve checked and they do not exist on the server, yet the message persists.

In the past I had used the web interface ā€˜rescanā€™ link which worked fine.

The command:

occ integrity:check-core

Iā€™d thought would rescan the files and the web interface would reflect that. Does the integrity:check-core option perform the scan as what should be run from the web interface ā€˜rescanā€™ link?

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant ā€œyou made an errorā€.

Yopu didnā€™t mention that youā€™ve deleted any files in your original posting. If youā€™ve deleted the files, they will automatically disappear as soon as you force a rescan of using e.g. the GUI.

Have you tried to restart your web server and php to prevent any caching of that information?

If youā€™ve deleted the files, they will automatically disappear as soon as you force a rescan of using e.g. the GUI.

Agreed. That is what took place in the past. However Iā€™m unable to ā€˜rescanā€™ via the web interface. The following error is displayed:

temp

So I successfully ran a scan from the command line using:

occ integrity:check-core

However the error mentioned previously is still displayed in the web interface. Also, still unable to run a scan from the user interfact as it returns the ā€˜Access denied - CSRF check failedā€™.

Have you tried to restart your web server and php to prevent any caching of that information

Yes. Reboot of server did not clear the issue.

Iā€™m puzelled as to why running occ integrity:check-core doesnā€™t clear the error in the web interface. Any thoughts as to why?

Ok. In this case I would recommend to find the root cause of that problem first. The mentioned error message have been reported in the past several times. Please have a look if one of the provided fixes might help you too:

https://help.nextcloud.com/search?q=%E2%80%98Access%20denied%20-%20CSRF%20check%20failed

Yeah, it has. Iā€™ve looked at between 40 to 50 threads on the subject. None provided so much as a clue to this issue.

Most helpful would simply be a way to reset the flag causing the CFRS check failed error.

The most recent post with that search returns a thread from Oct 2019.

Thanks for your suggestions and time though. :slight_smile: