Integration Nextcloud

Hello is it possible to integrate Nexcloud into a website built with Drupal?

Is Nextcloud free?

of course. it’s open source. and there is a communitiy-version. the one you can download.

i’m afraid i don’t really understand what you mean. in general nextcloud could be integrated in every website. maybe you wanna give out what you’re planning to do with your website?

my workmate would like to create a website to present an activity.
It will be built with Drupal.
And inside the website she plans to create a part where only 10 users could access with log and password and use some differents functions:

• a calendar connected with outlook
  • a cloud
  • an instant messaging

I thought Nextcloud wasn’t free as the host.

so this is possible…

as fas as i would understand this it shouldn’t be a problem to set a link

the software is free under AGPLv3.

ok so it’s only possible to set a link wich redirect to the page of nextcloud, not to integrate Nexcloud in the environement of the website,?

afaik there’s no drupal app for nextcloud at the moment…

but everything is possible in these days and age. it’s just about how much effort you’re gonna put into it. i think putting it into an iframe should be possible as well. but no guarantee.

Something to consider, you can integrate the other way around. Nextcloud has an app to add links to other systems and load them in a frame within Nextcloud. I did this with Spiceworks in one case.

Thank you for the answer.
Is anybody could confirm about using Iframe t integrate NextCloud??
KarlF12 you mean it’s possible to integrate the environment of a website in NexCloud?
Thank you

hello, 3 reasons not to use iframe:

Reason #1. Iframes Bring Security Risks

If you create an iframe, your site becomes vulnerable to cross-site attacks.

• You may get a submittable malicious web form, phishing your users’ personal data.
  • A malicious user can run a plug-in.
  • A malicious user can change the source site URL.
  • A malicious user can hijack your users’ clicks.
  • A malicious user can hijack your users’ keystrokes.

Steer clear of using the iframe tag. Don’t put your visitors at risk to the XSS attacks.

Reason #2. Iframe Cause Usability Issues

The iframe tag is notorious for creating usability annoyances. Among most common of them are:

• It tends to break the browsers’ “Back” button.
  • It confuses visually impaired visitors, using screen readers.
  • It confuses users, suddenly opening the iframe content in a new browser window.
  • Content within the iframe doesn’t fit in and looks odd.
  • Content within the iframe is missing since the source URL changed.
  • Navigation of the site in the iframe stops working.

Find better ways to refer your visitors to external content instead of placing it within the iframe tag.

Reason #3. Iframes Cause SEO Problems

Google recommends refraining from creating iframes.

At there Webmasters Help Forum, Google clearly stated that iframes may cause problems for them:

Google supports frames and iframes to the extent that it can. Frames can cause problems for search engines because they don’t correspond to the conceptual model of the web. In this model, one page displays only one URL. Pages that use frames or iframes display several URLs (one for each frame) within a single page. Google tries to associate framed content with the page containing the frames, but we don’t guarantee that we will.

Ditch the iframe tag. Create pages that Google can crawl and associate with your site easily.

Yes, sort of. Nextcloud has app buttons across the top (files, talk, etc). Each of these loads the respective app below the top bar. You can add a button to load a custom web link into the lower panel as well. Mileage may vary as some things don’t like being loaded in frames.

Hello KarlF12, can you show me your project to see how does it look?
Thanks

All it does is add the button to the top. You give it an icon and a URL. This is the official external sites app.

this is all true regarding your reservations against iframes. but it has nothing to do with nextcloud… it’s a general problem of using iframes